Was already thinking of making a workflow of my latest nebula drawing.
Then… penguinpolly said: Wooow! How did you do this?
So here it is.
I used the watercolor, the soft lead pencil and about 10 hours to draw it.
- First I started with a black background.
- Then used the watercolor to make a rough postion of the nebula.
- I start with white and then use another color over the white, this way you can create these shining effects.
- Making a short and fast (like you’re going mental) touch-swipe-touch-swipe-and so on move with a black watercolor makes the edges fade away (more swipes, more fading).
- I guess this would also work with Pencil, because you can blend. I use a Bamboo stylus - Pencil still not in Europe :(
- Then add stars, a lot of stars, really a lot of stars with the soft lead pencil.
- I used different colors (like white, light blue, grey and even some red).
- If you like add more parts with the watercolor.
- Then add more stars, a lot more stars, and when you think there are enough stars, add more :) and add some bigger stars.
- Use the black watercolor to fade some stars.
- With the asteroids, I started with a black shape (with the soft lead pencil) and then added different brown colors (use lighter colors where the light is coming from).
That’s it ! Hope you liked it. Here’s the end result:
creative but mental technique of replacing the blending function of the Pencil